RULES & INFORMATION
1) Please note that due to time limits and the need for diverse acts, it is highly likely that not every applicant will be chosen to perform in the talent show. *The more singular the performance, the more likely it is to be accepted! For instance, as much as we LOVE Pearl, we will not be able to squeeze in five acts of Pearls singing “It’s Over, Isn’t It” 😉 *
2) INDIVIDUAL ACTS ARE LIMITED TO 3 MINUTES; GROUP ACTS ARE LIMITED TO 5 MINUTES.
3) NO microphones may be used by the participants. Except for the written emcee introduction, all audio material must be pre-recorded on a CD (see rule 4). Participants need to be aware that anything spoken onstage, without amplification, is not likely to be heard in the ballroom.
4) To have music or dialog accompany your presentation, you must pre-record it on a CD and you MUST bring the CD to Beach City Con registration so that the track can be reviewed, approved, and loaded onto our equipment. The CD will be kept by the Convention until after the Talent show, at which point it is up to the performer to pick it up before end of day Saturday. Untested, unapproved, new, or changed CDs will not be accepted. Weekend pass holders must provide recorded music or dialogue on CD no later than 8 PM Friday 10/13; Saturday pass holders must provide recorded music or dialogue on CD no later than 12 NOON Saturday 10/14. If your track exceeds the time limits (see rule 2), it will be truncated (cut off at the time limit).
5) All contestants under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times; if not, they will be turned over to hotel security.
6) ALL ACTS MUST BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES. NO PROFANITY OR NUDITY ALLOWED.
7) No flash pots, explosives, or open flames.
8) All props must abide by Beach City Con weapons policy.
9) ALL APPLICANTS *MUST* BRING THE EXACT ACT DESCRIBED IN THIS APPLICATION TO THE CONVENTION. Should you arrive at Beach City Con with a different act, the Convention reserves the right to remove you from participating in this program.
10) This Talent Show is strictly for fun! No awards will be given.
As of 8/20/17, we plan on keeping this application open through 9/10/17.
While that date might change, anyone who applies before 9/10 will know whether or not they have been accepted to the talent show by end of day 9/15/17.